Saturday 7 May 2011

THRIFT

Cheepfrills wouldn't be complete without paying homage to South East London's best kept secret, Deptford market. Aside from wholesale toiletries and suspect electrical goods, Deptford market also has an abundance of clothing stalls, selling everything from designer to second hand. The bric a brac section by the Albany theatre usually has a couple of good jumble stalls if you have the patience to rummage through various scattered piles, but the best stall by far has to be 'Just So', that resides near Deptford station. Most things are just £1, or 2-3 maximum, and there's always a gem to be found. Below are a few of my favourites-


I absolutely love this skirt- and just 1 pound! Probably still a bit cold to be wearing this on May London days but as soon as summer hits it'll be a mainstay of my wardrobe. Pretty versatile as it goes with flats but would definitely look best with some high clogs/gladiators.



The floral dress was originally a maxi, but I cut it- unfortunately rather unevenly. Really wish I'd bought a couple since they were only a pound each and I would've liked to cut one into a crop top. I bought this dress about 3 years ago and still wear it now, such an easy outfit. The tie top I bought a few weeks ago- again just a pound! Yup, definitely one of my favourite markets. Also worth stopping off at The Deptford Project train cafe too for cheap n' tasty food:

http://www.thedeptfordproject.com/template_permalink.asp?id=110

I quite enjoy my uncomfortable expression in these. I hate having my photo taken.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment