Saturday 30 April 2011

RUMMAGE

An uneventful and dreary Saturday not so long ago prompted Sophie and I to raid mother's old clothes- mum maintains she threw all her best pieces from the 60's/70's away, which breaks my heart looking at how special some of these are. See below:

SEQUINED MINIDRESS



Ma says she bought this before she went to university so some time around 1968. She must have been absolutely tiny as the collar on this almost chokes me, but it's so beautiful. The main body is made out of a thin orange/red crepe-like material with multicoloured sequins all over the bust. Can't wait for a 60's themed party I can wear this little gem to, even if it is too short and feels like it will rip every time I bend over.

LEATHER JUMPSUIT



I think Mum wore this around the 80's, complete with short spiky haircut and one dangly earring. It's quite big and unbearably hot, so not sure when I could ever wear this realistically, but I'm determined to at some point.




This black number is another mini dress Ma had when she was about 18. Again it's tiny, and the cut out holes on either side are lethal for showing off a few flab rolls when you sit down but I love it, especially the structured top, which isn't really visible.

Anyway! Enough narcissism for one day.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment