Saturday 25 June 2011

CREATION

On a recent trip to Lewisham got this amazing fabric for £2 a metre so decided to make up this little dress/top/skirt fingy.





Can't find my camera so excuse crappy phone pictures. I am by no means a seamstress, I'm too impatient to measure or pin or cut anything neatly. This is just a tube of material with a bit of elastic sewn inside the top to give a gathered effect. Simples.

I also got a few charity shop bits, including this dress which I later massacred and made far too short. Infuriating.


Anyway, I couldn't have left it as it was. I thought it might make a nice maxi but it clung in all the wrong places and was hideously unflattering. Still, I might attempt to sew back on some of the off cuts in order to make it vaguely wearable again. URG.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment